Monticello United Beautiful Game Academy
Motivated 7-10 year-old soccer players (boys & girls) who want to attend, exhibit a definite interest in soccer, and come to play! We anticipate 16 to 32 players who will be divided into 2 to 4 groups at each session.
The Academy focuses on developing players who love the game because they are growing in confidence with the ball, they are growing in their field awareness and understanding of how to use space on the field, and they are developing friendships in a competitive yet extremely encouraging environment. We strongly encourage and seek to nurture respect for others, humility, intensity and joy in using our athletic gifts, individual skill development, and team play.
Academy Structure & Details
- Experienced coaches on high-quality fields!
- Fun drills & small-sided games provide players with countless repetition in game-like situations.
- Thoughtful planning moves players from basic skill-development to implementation.
- Close attention given to proper dribbling, passing, receiving, & finishing technique, using both feet.
- Low player to coach ratio (approximately 8:1)
- Low player to ball ratio. Frequent 1:1 or 2:1 player to ball ratio to maximize touches on the ball.
- High encouragement to constructive-critique ratio.
- Ample time allotted for coached scrimmages for players to experience the game and implement skills.
Monticello United Soccer Park (MonU Park) on Polo Grounds Road.
Monday & Wednesday evenings, 5:30-6:30pm beginning March 18th and ending May 15th
(We plan to provide a couple of friendly scrimmages on 1 or 2 Saturdays, but players may also play in a recreational league if they want additional competition.)
$175 (MonU is proud to provide partial and/or full need-based financial assistance for underserved players.)
Kelly Scott, Academy Director, has coached all levels and ages of youth soccer, from beginning players to elite high school players. He holds the United States Soccer Federation’s National D Coaching License and played elite-level soccer through high school and into college, including the Olympic Development Program and three trips to the VA State Cup Finals. He has a passion for helping young players discover their gifts, believe in their abilities, and experience the joy of playing on a united team. Other experienced coaches and local players will help coach players in small groups.
Click here to access the online registration page.